The information provided on this website is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon, or to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication will be accepted.
See information below for:
>> Website Use & Policy Statement
>> Lead & Plug Installations
>> Exhaust Fans Statement
>> Terms for Automatic Discount on Bulk Orders
>> Overseas Order
Pure Ventilation is an online shop, and operates like a self service shop where people serve themselves. We provide as much information as possible on the products we sell so that you, the customer, can make an informed decision before purchasing. You as the customer will then need to choose the products appropriate for your specific needs and we cannot take responsibility, or be held responsible for clients purchasing inappropriate products.
If you are not sure what products you require, we encourage you to contact us and we may be able to provide recommendations, or if you have a more complex situation that requires an on-site inspection, we recommend that you consult a local, suitably qualified tradesperson.
All images on our website are for illustrative purposes only. We strive to provide images that are as accurate as possible, however as all users will view the images on different screens with varying settings, and as product finishes may change slightly, we cannot accept responsibility for slight and reasonable differences between the colour or style of our images and the actual product.
Lead And Plug Installations
Please Note: When a lead and plug is requested to be installed to a fan we are unable to accept a return under ‘change of mind’ conditions as this request is a customisation to the fan.
Two issues people can encounter with exhaust fans:
- Steam/Wet walls: Fans are used to remove excess moisture (not all moisture). Seeing some steam/wet walls does not necessarily mean there is a problem as while exhaust fans are used to minimise this moisture, it may not completely get rid of it. If there is significant moisture, it is important to get a much stronger fan to minimise these concerns.
- Noise: Some exhaust fans can be a little more noisy than others however this is largely due to the individual’s perception. While most people are not bothered by the noise, others may find it not tolerable. The noise figures provided by manufacturers can be misleading as these fans can seem noisier in a bathroom because of all the reflective surfaces. Sometimes the type of noise e.g. a higher pitch, is more bothersome and often two fans with the same noise figures sound very differently in real life.
The “traditional” fans were 250mm ceiling exhaust fans that were typically more powerful than needed, and therefore tended to extract more than fans that are popularly used today. Larger fans tend to rotate more slowly hence they are usually quieter than the smaller fans popular today.
These are some of the assumptions used in the recommendation of fans within Pure Ventilation. This website therefore lets people make their own choice in terms of following the recommendations.
Automatic Bulk Discount
Here at Pure Ventilation we offer an automatic discount on bulk orders:
- Order with a product quantity of 5+ (of the same item) automatically receive 5% OFF*
- Order over $1000 and automatically get 5% OFF*
*Please be aware that some products are exempt from this including some heaters, downlights and commercial fans. If you find these at a better price elsewhere, please contact us so we can assess your order for a personalised discount.
We have chosen PayPal and the ANZ eGate® service to provide real-time credit card transactions for our online purchase methods as they are recognised services. There are numerous advantages of these payment methods. Some of the key features include;
- Our website is secure using a SSL Certificate
- ANZ eGate® offer a secure transaction service
- You can use any browser on any computer platform
- Transactions are simple and quick
- No subscription to the service is required, anyone can use ANZ eGate® services without signing up
- You are purchasing goods in a currency you know and understand ($AUD)
We will accept online payments made by Visa and Mastercard.
Please note that we do accept overseas orders, however our prices and shipping may vary. Please send us an email with the products you are after and your shipping address so we can create a quote for you.
Privacy and Security
Your privacy and security is an important priority of ours. To be completely transparent, we have listed below our collection and use of your personal information.
What information do we collect?
In visiting our website, we monitor how you use our site; for example which pages you visit and whether you purchase. We do this through the website itself and Google Analytics.
In the course of engaging with our website, you may send us information such as your name, email address, telephone number, physical address and payment information.
Pure Ventilation offers a live chat facility through the program Zopim.
The third way is if you choose to use our live chat program, Zopim. This program will advise Pure Ventilation of your location (suburb only), IP address, and track what page you are looking at so we can help you more efficiently. If you use one of the login methods, that information will also be shared with Zopim and then us. Pure Ventilation will use this information only to help you with your enquiries. Zopim is bound by its agreement with Pure Ventilation to maintain the confidentiality of this personal information it collects on behalf of Pure Ventilation.
Google Trusted Stores
If you opt in for free purchase protection with Google Trusted Stores you give us permission to share information of your order with Google. This information includes your contact details such as your email address so that if an issue arises with your order they can contact you, your order details such as your order total, any discounts applied and shipping costs incurred, also the estimated ship date and ETA.
What do we do with that information?
In regards to the information we gather regarding monitoring of visitors to the website, we use this to evaluate the functionality and success of the website, and consequently make changes.
In regards to the information you choose to give us, what we do with it corresponds to the reason why you gave us that information. For example, if you give us your physical address to organise delivery of goods we will only use this information to send the goods to you. In this scenario, relevant information will be shared with parties such as the courier company or a third-party warehouse/company if drop ship is an option to fast-track delivery, or to advise you of any issues with the order or product/s. Similarly, if you provided us with your contact details, such as a phone number or email address when enquiring about a product, we will only use that information to communicate with you in relation to the query you made.
We may use your email address to send you news and promotional offers from time to time. You will have the option at all times to unsubscribe from this service.
The information gathered through the Zopim live chat facility is used only to effectively respond to any inquiries you make.
If you choose to make an account on the website, some personal information will be stored. We will not access this information. You can access your account at any time.
Who do we share your information with?
As a general rule, we do not share your information however there are a few exceptions which include:
• Sharing your information with couriers, suppliers or third-party warehouse in order to deliver goods as quickly as possible. If a faulty or damaged product has been received details may be given to the supplier to organise direct delivery of a replacement.
• In the event of a product recall, (voluntary or involuntary) or if there is a safety concern about a product, details may be passed to the supplier for them to be able to contact you directly.
• External review systems such as Google Customer Reviews and Feefo in order to collect valued customer feedback.
We will not give your information to overseas recipients.
How do we store that information?
The information we gather through the website itself is stored on the hosting database. The information collected through Google Analytics is securely stored on our server and company computer.
Information relating to orders, such as the quantity and type of product purchased, as well as some corresponding personal information, is stored in our accounting software as well as our server as part of our business records.
Information gathered by the live chat program, Zopim, is stored by Zopim on their secure servers. For more information, please see their Security Policy.
Third Party Links
Pure Ventilation is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party website which you may be directed to through hyperlinks on our website or any other means.
What can you do?
If you would like to know what information of yours we have, or if you would like to correct the information we have, please email us.
If you would like to make a complaint regarding your privacy please see the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any concerns please use the contact form.